Dave Walker of The Cartoon Blog has been order to cease and desist letter by a Texas owned bookshop owner resulting Dave having to remove 75 post that have been about the situation closing down discussion.
I’ve read some stuff, and it’s quite complicated (to me anyway), but Matt Ward seems to be the chap overseeing it, with lots of links and stuff here, and Unity doing his usual of making things a bit clearer. Or not.
It’s a bit complicated so read Matt and Unities posts, because it’s pointless me repeating it here and making a mess of it.
Wanting to be helpful, rather than just speak up, I have saved the first 9 pages of the google results until google said the rest were omitted because of similarities.
I don’t know if I’ve wasted my time or not but if someone wants it, email me and I’ll send the link.
Who’s Posted about Mark Brewer’s Cease and Desist Notice to Dave Walker
- St Aidan to Abbey Manor – David Keen – Vicar (Yeovil)
- The Wardman Wire – Matt Wardman (audio of BBC interview from 12/2007)
- Gentle Wisdom – Peter Kirk
- Bishop Alan’s Blog – Alan Wilson, Area Bishop of Buckingham
- Blogula-Rasa – Ginny (detailed – worth a read)
- Metacatholic – Doug Chaplin – Vicar (West Midlands)
- Of course, I could be wrong – Madpriest – Priest (somewhere in England)
- Seven whole days – Scott Gunn – Parish Priest (Rhode Island) and Lambeth Conference.
- Thinking Anglicans – Simon Kershaw – Cambridge, England (likely to follow further press coverage)
- The Jewish Blog Network – How to recover deleted pages. Firefox Resurrect Pages add-on.
- Lingamish – Blogger Bludgeoned by Bozos – David Ker – Mozambique. Kudos for the cartoon above.
- [Update: 23/07/2008] SPCK Watch – Gagging attempts by Mark Brewer – SPCK Watch. (Somewhere in Europe). Whole blog devoted to SPCK saga.
- [Update: 23/07/2008] Elizaphanian – We are all Dave Walkers now – Sam Norton, Rector of West Mersea, Essex. Suggests that we reposts Dave’s ex-posts from Google Cache
- [Update: 23/07/2008]Mad Hare – Solidarity post – SPCK/SSG and Dave Walker (New Mexico : United States).
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]The Cartoon Blog – Cease and Desist Demand from Mark Brewer Dave’s original post – now gone
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]GOD, CHRIST: QUESTIONS & FAITH – More and More on the Exploding SPCK Story & Dave Walker’s Cartoon Church Blog Check out the illustration from the 1950s
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Saintly Ramblings – Dave Walker Solidarity Post
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]SPCK/SSG: News, Notes & Info – Comments on Moderation Expect comment when owner returns from holiday
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]PamBG’s Blog – Those Christian Bookshops
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Scatter Cushions – Nothing like like having an informed debate
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]connexions – Cartoon blogger silenced
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Turbulent Cleric – Libel law used as censorship Reflections on the Craig Murray case
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Exigency In Specie – Bullying the Bloggers Southern England
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Asingleblog – Brewers are challenged in court More detail on the attempt to put SPCK UK into Chapter 11 in the USA
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Philip’s Tree House – I’m also Dave Walker
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]John Inbetween – Yet another Dave Walker
- [Update:24/07/2008 AM]Wormwood’s Doxy – Because there’s nothing I hate more than a bully….Standing up for Dave Walker & SPCK
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Dave Cole – I’m Dave Walker
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Ministry of Truth – SPCK owner seeks US bankruptcy protection for UK charity KEY POST – Digging into the Brewer “Legal Manoeuvres in the Dark”
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Blogpower – Defending the Blog – Blogpower Roundup – The Civil Liberties Edition Civil Liberties Roundup – Understand the Wider Issues
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Brainducks Weblog – Cartoon Church blog target of legal bullying
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]D-Notice – D-Notice: Religious Nuts
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Back Towards The Locus – “Come Together, Raaaayt Nahahow, Over A Bullying Bookshop Chain”
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Sim-O Random Thoughts – I’m Dave Walker and so’s my wife
- [Update:25/07/2008 AM]Safety Photo – Dave Walker Cease and Desist Notice
The original copy of this list is on the Wardman Wire here.