I installed a network drive at home the other day.
The instructions said plug it it and then switch it on. So I did.
To get your XP/Vista machine to see it:
- Boot up computer
- insert supplied CD into computer and start it up
- double click and install an application
- open newly installed application
- If you want to map the network drive manually or automatically?
- fuck about for a while and then in the morning get screamed at by Mrs -O and sent out to die on the snowy roads of hell because laptop has mysteriously lost all it’s internet connections which are needed for Mrs -O to work from home.
- Call company tech support to fix laptop
- Leave laptop alone for fear of having my testicles cut off and stuffed in my ears
The procedure to get my Mac to recognise the drive is as follows:
- turn on Mac
I wish Mrs -Os’ work laptop was a Mac.